This course is recommended for employees who are designated to mount or use abrasive wheels.
The Abrasive Wheels course is delivered at Waterside Training, St Helens, Merseyside or can be delivered on client site subject to numbers.
Why is this course important?
There is a legal requirement for anyone who needs to change abrasive wheels to be trained in accordance with a code of practice and in line with The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER). This abrasive grinding wheels training covers both hand held and pedestal grinders.
Abrasive Wheels training can be held on client sites nationwide, or at our St Helens training centre conveniently located between Liverpool and Manchester in the North West.
Abrasive Wheels course outline
- Course induction
- Relevant legislation / approved advisory literature
- Characteristics of abrasive wheels
- Hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels
- Methods of marking, testing, handling and storage
- Wheel mounting
- Truing and dressing
- Work rest adjustment
- Wheel balancing
- Fault finding
- Personal protective equipment regulations and other relevant legislation