Who Should Attend:
This 5 day course is aimed at Electro/Mechanical personnel working in a maintenance environment who require a more comprehensive understanding of Motor Control Circuits, Testing and also to strengthen and develop their fault finding skills.
It is ideally suited for those who have already attended the Basic Electrical Maintenance course at Waterside to further their knowledge on Electrical Circuits.
To achieve the learning outcome, those attending the course should be able to carry out:-
- Testing of Motor Control Circuits
- Testing and replacement of limit/proximity sensors
- Installation of a Roller Shutter Door Control Circuit
- Understand Diagrams
- Fault Finding using logical techniques
- Electricity at Work Act 1989
- Protective Devices – Overcurrent and Earth Fault Protection
- DC & Single Phase Induction Motors- principles of operation and stator connections
- Basic Automation – Inputs, Outputs and Circuit concepts
- Basic AC Motor Control – Protection, DOL, Forward/Reverse & Star- Delta
- AC Variable Speed Drives – Overview of PWM & System Set up
- PLCs – Structure
Practical Exercise – exercise for different modes of operation.