Who should attend?
The programme is an entry point typically undertaken by electrical crafts people who are cross-skilling and Operators who wish to extend their knowledge. It is designed for those who desire a grounding or understanding of the fundamentals of mechanical maintenance.
Why is this course important?
This hands on 1 week course provides skills and knowledge to individuals who wish to become multi-skilled enabling them to carry out routine mechanical maintenance on machinery.
It relates to the day-to-day tasks needed in maintaining modern plant and equipment. The programme has been designed as an entry point for typically electrical crafts people who are cross skilling and is also recognised as the 2nd phase for the development of operator maintainers and individuals continued professional development.
Mechanical maintenance course outline
- Health and safety
- Current legislation that applies to maintenance activities
- Safe working practices
- Risk Assessment
- Dynamic Risk Assessment
- Skin Hygiene
- 5 Cs Clear Out, Configure, Clean & Check, Conform, Custom & Practice
- Safe Use of Hand Tools
- Pneumatic Systems (How a valve works)
- Types of Bearings
- Types of Seals
- Gears and Pulleys
- Assembly & Dismantle Techniques
- Couplings & Shafts
- Belt & Chain Drives
- Keys & Keyways
- Fault Finding
- Measuring & Marking Out
- Practical Activities include Mechanical Rig strip down and rebuild
- Gearbox strip down and rebuild
- Conveyor strip down and rebuild
- All guards and safety systems are correctly adjusted and in place when equipment is running
- Identification of potential hazards
- Personal protection and hygiene procedures are followed
Where multiple staff require training, Waterside can develop company specific courses. Extra material can be added in based on client's actual process details, equipment used, real fault finding issues etc. This helps make the course more directly relevant to staff, and maximises the value of the Mechanical Maintenance training.
Please call 01744 616 837 or use the Contact Us form for more details
Course: Mechanical Maintenance
Start date and time: 24/02/2020 08:30
End date and time: 28/02/2020 16:00
Location: Technology Campus, Pocket Nook Street, St Helens, Merseyside, WA9 1TW
Provider: Waterside Training