NVQ qualifications are aimed at candidates who require a nationally recognised qualification in workplace practices, skills and knowledge at either Level 2 or Level 3 depending on candidate experiences.
The 2 week Electrical Maintenance and 1 week Mechanical Maintenance course can serve as underpinning knowledge for the EAL NVQ Level 2 in Engineering Maintenance. If delegates are regularly working on basic electrical and mechanical tasks with limited scope and risk, this Level 2 NVQ is a suitable competency qualification once they have completed the Electrical Maintenance and Mechanical Maintenance course. The NVQ is delivered at customer premises through regular visits from Waterside assessors.
The learner must present evidence throughout their portfolio which shows they have met the assessment criteria and learning outcomes. The learner must be able to show experience within the workplace to demonstrate and achieve the mandatory and optional units relevant to their pathway
Our NVQ pathways are made up of the following steps:
- Registration of Qualification
- 6 weekly visits over a 12 month period of training
- Portfolio and Observation assessment
- Candidate Knowledge Assessment Questions
- IV (Internal Verification) of Portfolio against the NVQ Unit Standards and Knowledge Questions.
- Additional visits beyond the training period contract will be an additional charge per visit