Who should attend?
- Anyone responsible for Health and Safety. COSHH applies to all companies from small builders to large chemical plants
- Managers and staff, from all functions, who will be involved in carrying out the assessment of hazard and risk
- Managers from companies considering their first COSHH assessment – this seminar is aimed at the uninitiated
Why is this course important?
This Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) training is designed to give knowledge of the health riskssurrounding working with hazardous substances and to understand the scope of legislative requirements. It teaches how to identify the risks , how to undertake a COSHH assessment in the workplace and the control measures needed to be put in place.
COSHH course contents
- The legal position
- Substances to which the regulations apply
- Duties under the regulations
- Conducting assessments
- Control of exposure
- Use of Control Measures
- Maintenance, Examination and Testing
- Health surveillance
- Information, instruction and training
- Data gathering, records, datasheets