Who should attend?
Those people whose job role involves the transferring of loads using different types of lifting gear. The use of pendant cranes can also be included in this course.
Why is this course important?
This highly practical course provides delegates with a range of techniques that can be used to carry out effective assessments of loads and prepare them for lifting in a safe manner, then to use lifting equipment and signalling techniques to safely complete the lifting operation.
Safe Lifting and Slinging course contents
- Relevant health & safety legislation
- Types of slings, their capabilities and basic inspection
- Load characteristics
- Hazards and risk assessment
- Planning the lifting operation
- Signalling techniques
- Carrying out the lifting operation
- Use of pendant cranes (on request)