Who should attend?
Anyone who is involved in the use of access equipment including planning and authorisation for working at heights. The course focuses on the regulations and actions to be taken to comply with this law.
Why is this course important?
This course covers the regulations of the single biggest cause of workplace deaths – work at height. The Work at Height Regulations 2005 places duties on all employers and the self-employed and will apply in all cases where there is a risk of a fall liable to cause personal injury.
- The Working at Height Regulations
- The hazards of height work
- Preparation and planning including basic risk assessment
- The need for safe work practices
- Safe use of ladders
- Personal fall protection and safety harnesses
- Fault finding with access equipment (scaffold and ladders)
- Practical exercise using ladders and fall prevention equipment
- Questions and answers relating to company specific requirements