Who should attend?
This course is suited for all Electricians and Engineers involved in either maintenance or contracting roles that are required to undertake electrical duties pertaining to BS7671-2018 – The IET 18th Edition Wiring Regulations.
Why is this course important?
All new Electrical Installations will need to comply with BS7671:2018 with effect from 1st January 2019.
The regulations apply to the design, erection and verification of electrical installations and also additions and alterations to existing installations.
Attending this course will ensure you will be undertaking electrical duties in line with the current legislation.
The course involves a detailed study of the IET publication: BS7671.
The IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition (BS 7671:2018).
The course will include design calculations to include sizing of conductors, earthing calculations, sizing of protective devices, sizing of conduit, trunking and much more.
The programme of study is a 3 day session with a City & Guilds multi-choice 18th Edition on line exam taken at the end of day 3. It is an open book examination, meaning that unmarked copies of the Wiring Regulations may be taken into the examination. Other arrangements such as 3 consecutive days or other combinations of days can be tailored to suit companies with multiple delegates to accommodate shift working.
Successful candidates will achieve a City & Guilds certificate 2382-18:BS7671:2018
Requirements for Electrical Installations (IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition).
BS7671 – 18th Edition – course contents
- Influence of International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) & Institution of Electrical engineers (IEE)
- Outline of general characteristics: purposes, supplies & structures, nature of supply, external influences, compatibility & maintainability
- Accessories: conventional circuit arrangements max demand
- Introduction to sizing live conductors
- Sizing live conductors: sizing conduit and trunking
- Protection against shock: SELV and FELV, direct contact
- Protections against indirect contact, automatic disconnection of supply
- Sizing protective conductors
- Selection and calculation
- Overcurrent protection
- Isolation and switching
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Special installations or locations
- Inspection and Testing
Our 18th Edition course is based at our St Helens training facility conveniently located between Liverpool and Manchester in the North West.