Who should attend?
This is aimed at Electro/Mechanical personnel working in a maintenance environment who require a more comprehensive understanding of Motor Control Circuits, Testing and also to strengthen and develop their fault finding skills. It is ideally suited for those who have already attended the Basic Electrical Maintenance course at Waterside to further their knowledge on Electrical Circuits.
- Electricity at Work Act 1989
- Protective Devices – Overcurrent and Earth Fault Protection
- DC & Single Phase Induction Motors- principles of operation and stator connections
- Basic Automation – Inputs, Outputs and Circuit concepts
- Basic AC Motor Control – Protection, DOL, Forward/Reverse & Star- Delta
- AC Variable Speed Drives – Overview of PWM & System Set up
- PLCs – Structure
Assessment of the Unit
Internal practical assessments cover the practical skills
Internal multiple choice question paper covers the underpinning knowledge for outcomes